Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Afghani Man

I asked for a sign from heaven.
He found me in a coffee shop

Coffee with the Prophet
A 21st Century Encounter with Muhammad


By Mark A. Gabriel
Former Lecturer of Islamic History at Al-Azhar University

The Afghani Man


The four-hour drive passed quickly, and by mid afternoon we arrived at the King Abdul Aziz International Airport just outside of Jeddah City.


The airport was crowded and chaotic—typical for the hajj season.


Even though I was uncomfortable with our conversation about 9/11 in the car, I still looked forward to introducing Sheikh Ahmed to my family.


“Please have a seat while I find out about an airplane ticket for you,” I said to Sheikh Ahmed. “There is no reason for us both to stand.”


“Thank you,” he said. “Your hospitality is most gracious.”


I joined the long line for the Egyptair ticket agent. I tried to be optimistic, but I finding an empty seat on a plane to Cairo looked impossible.


Author Biography:

A former lecturer at Al-Azhar University, Mark A. Gabriel is a widely-sourced expert on Islamic teaching and the Middle East. He is the author of several best-selling books about Islam including Islam and Terrorism. For the protection of his relatives, Dr. Gabriel changed his Muslim name to a Western name.



Get your copy from the nearest book store
Or online from Amazon.com

Or visiting our websites
www.coffeewiththeprophet.com
www.gabrielpublishing.org

No comments: