Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pray for Mercy



I asked for a sign from heaven.
He found me in a coffee shop

Coffee with the Prophet
A 21st Century Encounter with Muhammad


By Mark A. Gabriel
Former Lecturer of Islamic History at Al-Azhar University


Pray for Mercy


The washing in Islamic culture is one of the most emotional times after a loved one had died.


Five of us gathered in the room—my father, my older brother, my Uncle Hamzi, the hanuti (a Muslim specially trained in burial rituals), and me. We washed Sayid’s body with water and anointed it with fine perfume.


We heard a soft knock on the door, and my sister Hoda said quietly, “The shrouds are here.”


Author Biography:

A former lecturer at Al-Azhar University, Mark A. Gabriel is a widely-sourced expert on Islamic teaching and the Middle East. He is the author of several best-selling books about Islam including Islam and Terrorism. For the protection of his relatives, Dr. Gabriel changed his Muslim name to a Western name.


Get your copy from the nearest book store
Or online from Amazon.com

Or visiting our websites
www.coffeewiththeprophet.com
www.gabrielpublishing.org

No comments: