Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Dream



I asked for a sign from heaven.
He found me in a coffee shop

Coffee with the Prophet
A 21st Century Encounter with Muhammad


By Mark A. Gabriel
Former Lecturer of Islamic History at Al-Azhar University

The Dream


Going to bed and sleeping are two different things for me.


Even though I was tired, I couldn’t sleep.


I thought I heard sounds coming from Sheikh Ahmed’s room, as if he were talking to someone.


I couldn’t resist the temptation to put my ear to the wall.


He was speaking in a foreign language again, and I was pretty sure that it was Urdu, the major language of Pakistan.


Finally, around 1 a.m., I fell asleep still hearing the muffled sounds of Sheikh Ahmed’s late-night conversations.


Author Biography:

A former lecturer at Al-Azhar University, Mark A. Gabriel is a widely-sourced expert on Islamic teaching and the Middle East. He is the author of several best-selling books about Islam including Islam and Terrorism. For the protection of his relatives, Dr. Gabriel changed his Muslim name to a Western name.


Get your copy from the nearest book store
Or online from Amazon.com

Or visiting our websites
www.coffeewiththeprophet.com
www.gabrielpublishing.org

No comments: