Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Holy Ground



I asked for a sign from heaven.
He found me in a coffee shop

Coffee with the Prophet
A 21st Century Encounter with Muhammad


By Mark A. Gabriel
Former Lecturer of Islamic History at Al-Azhar University


The Holy Ground

I woke up before dawn, and stared at the ceiling of the tiny tent where I had spent the night.


If Allah is going to send me a sign, this is the day, I said to myself.
This may be the best chance I will have in my entire life.


It was the second day of the pilgrimage—the most holy day because all the pilgrims would gather to worship Allah at Mount Arafat where Muhammad gave his final sermon to the Muslim nation fourteen hundred years ago.


Most people would stay in the plain, but my goal was to climb the mountain all the way to the place where Muhammad stood.


I thought, If I stand where the Prophet stood, Allah may notice me.




Author Biography:

A former lecturer at Al-Azhar University, Mark A. Gabriel is a widely-sourced expert on Islamic teaching and the Middle East. He is the author of several best-selling books about Islam including Islam and Terrorism. For the protection of his relatives, Dr. Gabriel changed his Muslim name to a Western name.


Get your copy from the nearest book store
Or online from Amazon.com

Or visit our websites
www.coffeewiththeprophet.com
www.gabrielpublishing.org

No comments: